STEPS TO ENROLLMENT
- Visit or tour
- Click here to Explore, Experience and Connect with Mooney the way that is best for you. Or call Mrs. Joanne Carney Smith at 330.788.5007
- Students are invited to shadow a current Cardinal Mooney student during a regular school day. Arrangements for shadowing should be made at least three days in advance. Please call Mrs. Joanne Carney Smith at 330.788.5007 to arrange your visit.
- 8th Grade Day
- Usually the second week of November 8:30-1:30. Lunch is provided. Public school students, please call the office to register.
- Attend Open Houses
- First Sunday in February – 12:00-3:00 p.m. Meet our teachers, staff and students. Discuss academics and co-curricular programs. Become more familiar with our campus.
- Casual Coffees
- Given on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and other dates as announced.
- Test begins at 9:00 a.m. Plan to arrive at 8:55 a.m.
- Call the school office at 330.788.5007 to register.
- Bring several sharpened pencils, a calculator and social security number.
- This test will help determine your future courses. Results will be mailed to your home.
- Will be based on the Placement Test
- Complete your application.
- Any student can apply at Open House, OR
- Catholic school students can apply at their grade schools in February, OR
- You may call for an appointment.
- Financial Aid packets will be available beginning at Open House and will also be available to those applying at the grade schools.
- Freshmen Orientation is held in August, the day prior to the first official day of school.
- Freshmen Parent Orientation will be held in the evening, usually during the first week of school.
Each spring parents receive information regarding tuition for the next academic year. A tuition payment preference form must be completed and the initial down payment made before a student receives his/her schedule for the new academic year.
The tuition schedule for the 2013-2014 school year is:
Participating Member of Contributing Catholic Parish
Tuition includes all fees except the freshman registration fee and a graduation fee of $130.00. The graduation fee covers the rental of caps and gowns and the rental of facilities for graduation and baccalaureate as well as the cost of diplomas, senior yearbook, and the senior appreciation dinner-dance.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Realizing that a Catholic high school education entails a significant financial sacrifice for our families, Cardinal Mooney High School provides a tuition assistance and scholarship program. Applications for both programs are available from the school office in February of each year.
Diocese of Youngstown Tuition Assistance Program
Application Process and Requirements
- All families seeking tuition assistance from the Youngstown Diocesan Catholic School Scholarship Fund must submit an official application from (available in English and Spanish) along with a processing fee payable to the private scholarship/financial aid processing service designated by the school.
- To become eligible for receiving funds from this program, students must attend or be accepted by a Catholic school of the Diocese of Youngstown.
- The deadline for submitting applications to the scholarship/assistance service is determined annually. Applications received after the stated due date will be considered for tuition assistance if funds are available.
- The funds from the program will be paid directly to the school that the qualifying student attends. Schools will credit the tuition accounts for those families who have been approved to receive aid for that school year.