Thank you for your interest in Cardinal Mooney High School! You have made a positive step in securing your child’s future by recognizing the rich history and limitless potential of our school in your child’s life. Admissions to Cardinal Mooney High School is a 4 step process, ranging from your initial Application to your child’s Enrollment in classes. To assist you with Admissions, the process is outlined below.
Step #1: Application
Application to Cardinal Mooney is an expression of interest on a student’s part to join our school.
- All prospective students must complete an online Application for Admissions.
- An Application Fee of $5.00 is required at the time of Application by all students along with Parental Consent to retrieve the student’s Academic, Behavioral, and Attendance records from their current and past schools for grades 5th through 8th (additional grades when applicable).
- Once our Admissions Department receives your Application, we will reach out with next steps in the process. If a student’s records indicate that they have the potential to succeed at Mooney, an invitation will be extended for an in-person interview with student, parent, and a school administrator. Prospective students invited for an interview must complete this step to proceed with Admissions. At this time, applicants may meet with a member of our Guidance Staff to complete preliminary course selections.
Step #2: Acceptance
Acceptance to Cardinal Mooney is an invitation by our school to the student offering a place in our student body. Acceptance is indicated through a hard copy letter mailed to the student’s address of record.
All incoming Freshmen students that are offered Acceptance to Cardinal Mooney will be required to take the ACT Aspire Placement Test. This test is administered directly to all 8th graders at our Diocesan Elementary Schools. Students coming from public, charter, or other private schools that are accepted to CMHS will be contacted by our Guidance Department about upcoming test dates and the registration process. The test is used as a placement tool to ensure that students are scheduled for the appropriate courses.
Step #3: Registration
Registration is a financial commitment by an accepted student’s family to secure their child’s space at Cardinal Mooney High School.
- After Acceptance, a family will be issued a Statement of Account outlining their tuition and fee obligation to Cardinal Mooney.
- Various forms of Financial Assistance are available to families. Information can be found on the “Financial Assistance” page under the “Parents” tab at www.cardinalmooney.com. You can find out further information by calling our Admissions Department at 330-788-5007.
- Applications for private assistance will be made available to families online through FACTS. Families with an active Application for Admissions will be contacted when the application for aid is available.
Step #4: Enrollment
Enrollment at Cardinal Mooney is completed once a student has completed an Application for Admission, received a formal Acceptance letter, and completed all registration and financial documents.
Enrollment indicates that an accepted student has satisfied all Admissions requirements and has secured a seat in their Class. Upon Enrollment, the school will issue a student’s class schedule.