Our Guidance Department utilizes a multitude of resources to assist you and your child in post-Mooney endeavors. Among these is Navience, a comprehensive college and career planning and readiness tool. To log on to your Navience account please click on the icon below:
As students prepare for their lives beyond Mooney, Guidance Counselors assist them in the college admissions and vocational exploration processes. Below are helpful links and forms for students and parents as they begin this exciting next chapter.
Senior students may attend as many college visits as they wish to attend, provided they meet admissions criteria (e.g. boys cannot attend the Ursuline College presentation and students in the bottom 10% of the class cannot attend MIT or Notre Dame presentations).
Juniors will receive only THREE passes to see college representatives, so they should choose only those colleges in which they have a genuine interest.
- Ask the campus admissions office about fee waivers to help you cover the cost of application fees.
- MyCollegeOptions.org – Get planning advice, personalized college match report, financial aid information, free SAT/ACT Prep, and more!
- College Week Live offers live chat events with college representatives from across the country. They also hold special events such as financial aid information sessions and speakers who are experts on the admissions process. Check the website for a schedule of upcoming events.
- It is very important to visit or make contact with the schools that you are interested in!
Mark Vincent Pelini Memorial Scholarship
- Through the funding of the Mark Vincent Pelini Scholarship Fund, a Mark Vincent Pelini
Memorial Leadership Scholarship will be awarded to one or more graduating seniors of Cardinal
Mooney High School to assist financially with their postsecondary education. Scholarships will
be paid directly to the institution where the recipient is pursuing further education and/or
training. Please submit your complete application package on or before the May 15, 2023
deadline to the following email address: